Here are some things you can do to curb our anxiety:
- Give us plenty of exercise. Tires us out and encourages relaxation
- When you leave give us our favorite safe interactive toy. Your departure means we get good stuff
- If we enjoy TV or music leave it on when you are gone. Gives us a sense of security
- Keep your departures and arrivals calm. Your behavior teaches us there is nothing to be anxious about when you are gone.
- Can’t believe I’m telling you this, but if we are too excited when you return, ignore us
- When we calm down, give us attention but try hard to keep calm. I know how excited you humans get when you see us but your emotions create anxiety
These exercises will build confidence and lessen anxiety. Might help us too. We will try to be patient with you…
Come back soon and find out what my canine pals and I have dug up. This blogging wears me out, nap time.